Check in policy / What to Expect:
- Please complete all digital new patient paperwork prior to your appointment to reduce time spent in the office and handling of paper and pens.
- Upon entry, please stand on a GPT floor sticker to provide CDC spacing between you and other patients if other patients are at the front desk.
- You will be texted screening questions 30 minutes prior to your appointment. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, we may ask you for more information or ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- Contactless payment- if you have an applicable co-pay, with your permission, we can keep your card number on file on our secure payment system Affinipay. We can then charge it with your verbal permission at each visit to minimize card handling. Alternatively, you may use Apple, Google, or Samsung pay to take care of contactless payment.
- We will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer. You’ll be asked to reschedule if your temp is over 100 degrees.
- You will be asked to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds at the sink in the gym area. Our admin team will direct you if you are unsure where the sink is located.
- You will be directed to a treatment room by our admin team upon entry and your PT will meet you there to prevent contact with others in our waiting room.
- Please ask for a disposable mask if you forgot to bring yours.
- Please bring your mobile device to sign and fill out insurance forms, paperwork, or other documents as our goal is to have completely paperless operations.
- Please come to your appt alone expect for essential guests (you are a parent accompanying your child, you need an interpreter, you need assistance attending clinic, etc.)
What precautions are we taking:
- Staff and patient temperatures are taken and recorded when entering the building and sent home if over 100deg.
- PT’s and patients are required to wash hands for 20 seconds between patients and before service.
- All patients are texted screening questions for Covid symptoms and possible exposures and asked to reschedule if they answer yes to any questions.
- All equipment, treatment tables, counter tops, chair rails, and door knobs are disinfected with hospital grade disinfectant between patients.
- We are asking patients to check in one at a time in order to maintain 6 feet of distance between each other.
- With the exception of some admin staff, all other staff are maintaining 6 feet of distance between each other at all times.
- Per state mandate everyone in the office must wear a face covering. We are providing free face coverings for patients who forget to bring one.
- We are attempting to stagger appointments to minimize contact with others in the waiting and gym area.
- We have expanded our gym area at the Greenwood location in order to provide more space for patients to spread out.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all front desk areas.
- Touchless Soap Dispensers Installed
- Air purification devices with HEPA filters are installed in each patient treatment room
- Step and Pull openers are installed on all doors to our offices to allow for contactless entry into our facility.
- Credit card machines and systems / procedures have been updated to allow for contactless payment.
- You may convert an in-clinic appointment to a telehealth appointment at any time.
- All patient paperwork has been converted to paperless and is done online to reduce contact with surfaces and reduce time spent in the office.
- Cancellation and staff attendance policies have been updated as to encourage patients and staff not to come in if experiencing any Covid like symptoms.
Other suggestions? Please feel free to email them to email@example.com.
You should consider an in-office PT appointment if you are/have:
- Recently had surgery and are needing post-operative rehabilitation
- Had your surgery or imaging delayed
- An acute injury which may worsen without care
- In need of PT to prevent a detriment to your health, safety, or ability to perform essential daily tasks
- Are unable to manage symptoms with your home exercise program
- Primarily attend therapy for the hands on aspect of treatment
- Range of motion or mobility restrictions that risk detriment to mobility without hands on treatment
- In need of vestibular rehab (treatment for dizziness and vertigo)
- Need assistance with pain and swelling
- Have no risk factors and not fearful of attending an in-office visit
You should consider a Virtual PT appointment if you are/have:
- Immunocompromised or are undergoing cancer treatment
- Live with someone who is immunocompromised
- Age 65 or older
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to serve asthma
- A serious heart condition
- Uncontrolled diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease
- COVID-19 like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath)
- Wanting to primarily update or change your home program
- Transitioning to return to recreational activities
- Wanting assistance with work from home ergonomics
- Issues attending because of child care
- A lack of reliable or safe transportation
- Almost done with PT and would like a final check in prior to discharge
- Fearful of an in-office visit
Please see our Virtual PT page for more information and for frequently asked questions.
The following therapists have opted to take a leave of absence for personal reasons or are on standby status:
Sabrina Wayt: Will not return until next year after maternity leave. Estimated Feb 2021.
We will continue to update availability and anticipated return to work date of the above providers.